Since 2010, the Youth Music Venture (formerly the Palm Beach Youth Music Venture) has been a youth music initiative run by the local community, for the local community. We teach young musicians how to play in a band - for free.
The Youth Music Venture operates in Palm Beach, (Gold Coast, QLD) putting young people (13-18 y/o's) into bands, readying them for all things music, before they perform on stage at our annual showcase.
This 12 week (spread over 4 months) music program is aimed at youth in the Palm Beach, Burleigh Heads, Elanora, Robina, Currumbin & Coolangatta catchment on the Gold Coast, Queensland. We establish between 4 & 6 bands (along with acoustic groups), based on their performance and interests from our audition day. Each Sunday from thereon in (other than public holidays and school holidays), the bands meet at the Palm Beach Scout Hall and rehearse for an hour with professional musical mentors. We finish each year off with a bang as we sell out our showcase at the Currumbin RSL. Be sure to be a part of it, it's a hoot!
What We've Achieved:
- Over 200 young people through our annual program, over our 8 consecutive years
- A platform for musicians to contribute back into their community through volunteer mentoring
- 'Harvest - A Passion for Music' (An hour length documentary done in partnership with Crossing Divides on the Youth Music Venture. Have a squiz on our 'Projects Page')
- $50,000+ portfolio of grants & sponsorships
- International Volunteer Awards 2011 Finalist 'Community Organisation of the Year'
- Community Organisation of the Year 2012 (Creek to Creek Chamber of Commerce)
- International Volunteer Day 2012 Winner 'Under 25 Volunteer of the Year' (Individual Award)
- International Volunteer Day Finalist 'Gold Coast Community Project of 2016'
- Multiple awards to individuals for their efforts in contributing to the Youth Music Venture
Who We Are:
- We are a committee of musicians, business owners and community participants who volunteer our time to run this program.
- We hope to have profiles of ourselves up before we commence this years second program in May! (2018)